Accounting Operations Manager
- We’re all about redefining the word accountant and pushing the boundaries of what an accountant is for small business owners.
- We’re a client service firm first and an accounting firm second.
- We’re a remote and paperless team working closely together with tools like Slack and Zoom.
- We’re incredibly focused on serving our clients, and what matters to us is not how many tax returns you can churn out, but how you approach problems, offer solutions, and contribute to the team.
- We don’t do hourly billing and expect everyone to strive to provide our clients with maximum value.
About the Accounting Operations Manager
At Sidekick, we believe people are everything, and our Accounting Operations Manager will play one of the most pivotal roles, providing the right mix of intelligent client support and a relentless passion for internal improvement. The AOM will report directly to the CEO and be heavily involved in the strategic direction of the business.
You’ll be responsible for keeping the internal ‘engine’ running so our clients can do what they do best. You’ll manage a small team and oversee a portfolio of clients who benefit from regular bookkeeping, performance reporting, CFO support, tax planning, and year-end accounting and tax preparation.
You’ll have a huge impact by directly helping ambitious business clients gain clarity in their finances and optimise their tax position so they can live the life of their dreams.
What Your Day to Day Will Look Like
- Manage the internal “engine”,ensuring that client tasks at a firm level are well-planned, prioritised, are meeting their deadlines and are completed at the highest level of quality.
- Oversee the weekly (or monthly)tracking of important metrics/KPIs; review and provide suggestions/overview fort he CEO.
- Manage several people on the accounting team (training, task reviews & performance reviews).
- Review SOPS (create, update, and refine as needed).
- Operate in a client-facing role and oversee a portfolio of clients, assisting with year-end financial statement preparation, virtual CFO services (budgets, projections, management reports, etc) and tax compliance.
- Spearhead projects that improve the efficiency of our bookkeeping and financial reporting tasks firm wide.
- Provide support to the team so they can fulfil their roles effectively.
- Get his/her hands dirty when required by helping the team with bookkeeping, client onboarding (e.g. turning a messy set of books into something clean), VAT, and payroll.
- Assist with special projects from time to time.
- Report directly to the CEO and be involved with the firm's strategic decisions.
- Other meetings with team members or external contacts, as required.
What You Need to Succeed
- You are a Chartered Accountant(ACA / ACCA / CA).
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting firm.
- You have experience with full-cycle accounting.
- You have 2+ years of experience managing a team.
- You’re a clear communicator.
- You’re organised.
- You’re tech-savvy and like to use technology to improve operational and client outcomes.
- You believe in delivering awesome customer service and you have experience in a client-facing role.
- You have experience putting together financial statements, budgets, cash-flow projections and various financial reports to assist management in making decisions.
- You are picky and you have a hard time sleeping when something isn’t “just right”.
- You have experience managing projects or tasks at a department or organisational level.
- You are interested in productivity and implementing and/or tweaking systems to make things run smoother.
- You are a problem solver.
- You like working in a fast-paced environment.
Why Join Us?
- Founder-led, fast-growth accounting firm
- You’ll be able to work autonomously and will be 100% responsible for your results
- Work from home, anywhere in the UK
- Our clients are some of the most ambitious entrepreneurs around!
- We work without ego or hierarchy in a collaborative and transparent environment
- Competitive salary up to £50k per annum
- Bonus scheme
- Employer pension contributions
- 25 days holiday (Plus UK BankHolidays)
- Learning and Development allowance to support your professional growth
- Away days and in-person meet-ups for company strategy (Monthly / Quarterly) with expenses paid
- We are better every day.
- We are shaping the future of accountancy.
- We always have our client's best interests at heart.
- We're trustworthy, honest and, say it straight.
- We’re responsive and communicate effectively.
- If we say we will do something, it's as good as done.